Spring books & more sale on Monday, April 13 … DVDs, VHS, puzzles, software, comics, more. Great prices, great people!
Join the fun of a group singalong in a relaxed, no-sweaty-palms atmosphere, upstairs in the Fox Room, with Director Abby Noland.
Join us in the Fox Room for an afternoon of fun. The library and the Boys & Girls Club have put out over 10,000 LEGO® building bricks for a building challenge. Suggested for school age children.
Join Linda MacFarlane for a fun, interactive music and pre-literacy program for ages 0-3 years.
From our friends at Rutland Historical Society: MSJ yearbooks (1939-1993 except 1943 which was not published) is online at the Historical Society website.
OneClick!digital has now added a selection of classic books to its offerings. There are no checkout limits, holds or waits … perfect for class reading lists.
Check out an audiobook from OneClick Digital with your library card … no limits or wait times. iPhone app now available, and find a wide assortment of audio classes as well.
Click on the Kids Space tab to access TumbleBooks! Find animated, talking picture books with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, and Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration.)
The Rutland Free Library offers the Nella Grimm Fox Room for community use when it is not scheduled for library activities. The Fox Room is used primarily to promote the library’s informational and cultural programs and generally will not be available to groups on a consecutively scheduled basis. The size of the Fox Room is approximately 30′ x 50′. A unisex restroom is available behind the Fox Room for public use.
The Library also has a conference room for public use that seats 10 with videoconferencing facilities available.
- Libraries that make exhibit spaces and meeting rooms available to the public they serve, should make such facilities available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. From the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights.
- The Fox Room may be reserved for use at no charge to groups when the library is open, though we encourage donations. All events held during library hours must be open to the public and no admission fee may be charged except to cover the actual costs of materials or supplies used during the meeting or workshop. When the library is open, no products or services, other than to directly benefit the library, may be advertised, solicited or sold in the Fox Room.
- The Fox Room will be available to any one group only once per month and not on a consecutively scheduled basis. The exception to this is Fridays. On Fridays, the Fox Room may be scheduled as often as weekly and consecutive dates can be reserved.
- The Fox Room may be reserved for use when the library is closed, subject to staff availability. Click here for our hours of operation. During these hours, the following charges apply:
- Non-profit organizations: $30 per hour
- Others: $60 per hour
- The provision of meeting rooms for public use does not constitute RFL endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the space.
Groups are responsible for setting up the room in advance of the meeting.
Tables and chairs should be left for the custodian to move.
- Assistance with setting up technology
- chairs (100)
- cords available (VGA, extension cords, power cords, HDMI cord)
- DVD player
- folding tables (three large 6′ and one 7′)( three small: 20″ x 4′)
- “Google Hangout” (large monitor and internet connected computer)
- lapel microphone
- LCD projector for connecting to a laptop and/or DVD player
- movie screen (6’x7′)
- opaque projector
- overhead projector
- podium light
- podium microphone
- theater lighting
- utility cart
- Groups are asked to deposit trash in the receptacles provided, take away everything else they brought in. Tables and chairs should be left for the custodian to move.
- Groups are required to leave the meeting room fifteen minutes before the posted library closing time unless other arrangements have been made.
- Refreshments are permitted.
- Please use the enclosed tally sheet to report actual number of attendees and return to the library circulation desk or staff present when you leave. Tally sheets are located in the Fox Room, to the right of the door.
- Please do not move the piano. Groups wanting the piano moved to another part of the room are requested to let the library staff know upon reserving the Fox Room.
- Repeated cancellations or not fulfilling your reservation will jeopardize the group’s ability to schedule the room for future events.
- Damage to library property must be reported and is subject to possible repair costs.
- The library reserves the right to refuse future use to any group that does not abide by any of the above regulations.
Download a form here: Meeting Room Form
Please note that completing a reservation form does not guarantee that the room will be available for the date and time that you are requesting. To check on room availability first please consult our online calendar or call the library at 773-1860.